We are getting ready to put together Jared's Boxes again this year to lift the spirits of and bring some fun to chronically ill children in the hospital. A shoebox sized plastic box is filled with small gifts, toys, cards, and games selected for a specific age and gender. The boxes symbolize the importance of play and are filled with well wishes, hope, and love. Visit http://www.thejaredbox.com/index.html to find out more details.
How you can help? We need donations for all age groups and by gender. The following are suggested items:
- Under 2 years (no tiny toys that could cause choking) - Bibs, rattles, soft books, teething rings, pacifier, sippy cup, bottle
- 2-4 years - dolls, Matchbox cars, play doh, crayons, coloring book, bubbles, soft balls, paint set, books, puppets, costume jewelry, soft or plastic animals
- 4-8 years - play-doh, art supplies, books, bubbles, card games, puzzles, travel size games, plastic animals/figures, cars, dress up, stickers
- 8-11 years - card games, art supplies, calculator, gel pens, yo-yo, craft kits, brainteasers, books, travel-size games, small toys
- 11 and up - word search/crossword puzzles, art supplies, books, playing cards, craft kits, journal, nail polish, travel size board games
If you would like to help, please bring these items to the next general WECPTA meeting (April 9) or drop them off at Connie Shaver's house (31144 Muirfield Way) by Wednesday, May 1st.
Join us! We will be assembling the boxes on Friday, May 3rd from 9:30-11am at Porter Library in the craft room. There will be a short story time at 9:30 for the kids before we start packing the boxes. Please contact Connie for any questions or if you plan on joining us. email@example.com Thanks for your help and generous donations!